Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro won't turn on after crash. Magsafe charger LED light blinking rapidly

Hi. I hope you can help me.

I have a macbook Pro 13", from september 2012, which crashed earlier today:

I was charging my iphone through USBport on my macbook (not an Apple USB-iPhone power-cable) .

My MacBook was charging through the magsafe charger (about 30% power i think).

I took the phone out to make a call, when that was done, I reconnected the phone to my mac for further charging.

My MacBook crashed instantly. I took out the USB cable, tried to turn on my mac, but nothing happened. There was no light in the magsafe LED.

The crashing has happened before, when I've been charging my phone through USB connections, but I've always been able to turn my mac back on.

This time nothing happened when I pushed the power button. It had comepletely shorted out.

BTW. Earlier today I received a "storage almost full" warning on my mac, and I was actually in the middle of cleaning that up (deleting downloads and trash files).

Typical and just my luck!

Now, a few hours later, I tried restoring SMC (shift+ctrl+alt+power), and now the charger LED is blinking rapidly (but faintly) orange.

Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? All applestores nearby are closed today, I live in Denmark.

Thank you so much in advance!

Kind regards Emilie

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 6:05 AM

There are no replies.

MacBook Pro won't turn on after crash. Magsafe charger LED light blinking rapidly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.