Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XScan says my hard disk may be about to expire.....

Hello, does anyone have experience of XScan, please? My time capsule recently expired after 7 years and now XScan says my hard disk is damaged and might expire at any moment. Disk utility verifies disk (which does not have SMART ) and I cannot see what else to do.

I have done backup on new Airport Time Capsule. Should I take the threat seriously? Any advice appreciated.

(early 2008 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 6 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM - OSX Yosemite 10.10.3))

2.8GHz Core 2 Duo

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 1:29 PM

I know nothing about xScan - it appears to show system stats already available on OS X, but within one application.

Having a current backup is the best thing you can do - ALWAYS. Who knows if your hard drive is going to fail - they all do, sooner or later.

If it makes you feel more secure, get another external drive and make a bootable clone backup, that you can swap into your Mac if it fails.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 1:29 PM in response to snapper6

I know nothing about xScan - it appears to show system stats already available on OS X, but within one application.

Having a current backup is the best thing you can do - ALWAYS. Who knows if your hard drive is going to fail - they all do, sooner or later.

If it makes you feel more secure, get another external drive and make a bootable clone backup, that you can swap into your Mac if it fails.

XScan says my hard disk may be about to expire.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.