Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro display has thin blue vertical line

Can I do any troubleshooting for my display? I rebooted into diagnostic mode and ran tests - no fault found. How to best troubleshoot this to verify display issue or video and what to do about it? I am in an extremely remote area (Cocos Keeling Islands) and cannot just walk or even drive to a apple store for support. How best to get a replacement device if needed? I have applecare - OS X 10.10.2 MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Thanks guys!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 6:45 AM

3 replies

Apr 22, 2015 7:27 AM in response to Gerald-Sessionsaver

Hello Gerald-Sessionsaver,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are having trouble with the display on a MacBook. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Apr 22, 2015 7:41 AM in response to Gerald-Sessionsaver

I'm going to assume your AppleCare is in Australia. Call this support number:

User uploaded file

Australia

(61) 1-300-321-456 1

Otherwese find your support number here:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

" ran tests - no fault found."

Yes that's because it's a problem with the display itself. Mainly the adhesion of the vertical driver array.

If there's no signs of physical damage Apple should replace your display under AppleCare.

Apr 22, 2015 8:01 AM in response to mario49

Thanks for your feedback.

While talking to apple support I figured we should test with the NVIDIA video card. when we forced use of the NVIDIA card the issue remained, so both cards were tested and the stripe remained. We did a print screen test and the stripe did not show on the screen print. Seems to point to the display or perhaps the connector. so I am sending it in.

My MacBook Pro display has thin blue vertical line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.