Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Substitude "Chapter" and other presets with other language

I have iBook Author from the German Apple shop - and therefore everything comes up in German.

I tried several times to change the language into English, no success. (The "inspector" function doesn't really change anything). I finally deleted the program and went to apple.com and downloaded it there - but it arrived again in German.

What I need would be all the Main Navigation terms in English. There is KAPITEL instead of CHAPTER and many others which I don't seem to be able to change manually.

I would also need the proof-reading function for English (instead of German), as I find almost every word underlined with red.

Has anyone a solution for this problem?

Thank you

Heidi

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 7:38 AM

6 replies

Apr 25, 2015 3:09 AM in response to heidi56init

I could not use the Language switcher either, so I had to do it a bit more complicated. I am Norwegian, so I changed the language on my operating system to Norwegian and started a new book. This book became a Norwegian book. Then I copied chapter by chapter from my book into this new book - and the word "chapter" was gone 🙂 It took me just a few minutes.

And the language in this particular book will not change if you choose to go back to German in your OS.

Substitude "Chapter" and other presets with other language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.