Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stay logged into Apple Support

Is there any way that I don't have to re-enter my password each time I want to use Apple Support? When I go to use Support, my ID is entered automatically but the password has to be put in.

Thanks for any advice.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Lacie 500 GB HD

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 8:04 AM

12 replies

Apr 22, 2015 1:30 PM in response to Eric Root

I opened up Keychain in Utilities and double clicked on the link in question. It opened up as shown in the attached. I then tried to click on 'show password'

and the top box opened up. I tried entering my present iMac password but it wouldn't accept it. Any hints at this point?

I do appreciate you hanging in here in what is turning out to be a lengthy thread. Cheers/Bill

(I have blacked out my e-mail address)

User uploaded file

Apr 23, 2015 7:29 AM in response to Eric Root

Good Morning and No I cannot recall the previous password (in future I will keep track of changes).

I think I may try the second part of this link OS X: Keychain Access asks for keychain "login" after changing login password - Apple Support which refers to "if you forget your Keychain password". I will have to start all over again with Keychain but I think that may be the best idea---I wonder what you think?

I assume I will just have to start putting passwords into the 'new' Keychain. Thanks again/Bill

How can I stay logged into Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.