Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wife has an old Ipod nano tied to an old Apple ID. How do I update that to our new combined iTunes account

My wife has an old Ipod nano tied to an old Apple ID. How do I update that to our new combined iTunes account

iPod nano, iOS 7

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 6:21 AM

7 replies

Apr 19, 2015 1:44 PM in response to PStrang

When you restored your iPod Nano in iTunes, it should have taken on the name of the account currently logged in to the computer. So it should have been named something to the affect of PStrang's iPod. Everything in your iTunes Library should have synced to the device at that time unless you have it set to sync manually. Are you logging in to your computer under the name of Test Account? This login also contains your iTunes Library correct?

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

When you say combined iTunes account, what do you mean? You've imported the songs from another iTunes Library into your existing one?

Apr 19, 2015 4:24 PM in response to pmiles

My wife has not updated this iPod for about 3 years. She had an old Apple account, for which, we don't have either the login or the password to anymore. She has been using my Apple account for Aps and other orders from Apple for her iPad, hence, the combined account, be it really is my account. A week ago, she decided to fire up the old iPod and order and paid for a lot of new music. That music is all there on my computer under my account. It initially would not sync to my account in iTunes and not only that it wiped out all the old songs that were on the iPod. I then did the restore as instructed, which wiped out anything else on the iPod. Once complete, the iPod showed up under the name to "test account." I have no idea how that happened as it was previously named Mary's iPod. During the process, I was not asked for a name nor can I now find a place to change the name. It is very strange, the test account icon shows up on the screen in my iTunes account, all of her new music is there, but every time I sync to the iPod, it goes through the process but does not add the songs. The iPod is completely blank now.

Apr 20, 2015 6:25 AM in response to PStrang

Changing the name of your iPod:

Change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Is the iPod authorized to use your iTunes Library?

Manage your associated devices in iTunes - Apple Support

Have you tried manually adding content to the iPod?

Manage content manually on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod - Apple Support

Just in case you have a really old iPod Nano:

Reset your iPod - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.