Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s crashed and is not responding

I bought my iPhone 5S back in July 2014 but lately it's been acting weird, like I've had apps like Spotify suddenly crash and I'll be unable to launch the app until I restart my phone. There was once where my phone 'died' even though it still had battery and I was unable to restart it until a couple minutes later. About half an hour ago, my phone suddenly crashed and automatically 'restarted' itself. However, it is currently unresponsive and is stuck on the white background and black apple logo thing that appears when you switch on an iPhone. It has been this way for about half an hour. I've tried charging it but that doesn't work (it didn't make the usual vibrations that happen when you charge it), it can't connect to iTunes and it also doesn't respond to the home or lock buttons. I honestly don't know what to do and would like to know if anyone has experienced this before or has any advice on what I should do. Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 8:23 AM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2015 9:00 AM in response to vera97

If you have followed those instructions TO THE LETTER and nothing happens your hardware has failed. The instructions are very specific about which buttons to hold and for how long.

If you bought it NEW in July last year it is still under warranty. Take it to an Apple store and the will replace it. You can check the warranty status here: Apple - Support - Check Your Service and Support Coverage

iPhone 5s crashed and is not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.