Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Today/Notification Screen is Clipped

Twice since updating my iPhone 6 to iOS 8.3, I have had a problem where the Today/Notification screen doesn't fill the display like it should. I pull it down, and it only comes partway down, and is also cropped so that only the left side shows.

Honestly, it looks as though it's formatted for landscape display, not portrait display. I don't know if it's related to specific widgets in the Today view.

User uploaded file

The only way I've been able to fix this is to restart the iPhone. Anyone else seen this, and is there a better solution?

Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 10:23 AM

2 replies

Apr 20, 2015 7:26 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks, Meg. I'll certainly try that next time I see the anomaly.

But here's the thing... I've had the display set to "zoomed" for a long time, and until recently I never saw this odd behavior with the Today/Notifications screen. And when you think about it, whether the screen is set for Standard or Zoomed, in either case we would expect the Today/Notifications to fill the screen, and not be clipped as shown in my screen capture.

Anyway, maybe toggling zoom off then back on would reset something such that the anomaly disappears for a while.

Thanks again!

Jim

Today/Notification Screen is Clipped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.