Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay Looses Connection to Wifi

Why does my Apple Express keep loosing connection to my wifi while using AirPlay. My Express is five years or older. Do I need to update to a current model?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 8:19 AM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2015 11:57 AM in response to Shieldzy

That may be possible as five years is the typical useful life of the Express if operated 24x7. However, another issue may be Wi-Fi interference that is causing a loss of bandwidth for consistent streaming.

If you provide more details on the makeup of your current networking hardware, we may be able to help you work out a solution. Please provide the make & model of each of your network hardware, including your Internet modem. Also please provide how you have them currently configured. For example, is your AirPort Express the only router in your network ... or is it extending another Apple router or joining an existing wireless network provided by another manufacturer's router?

AirPlay Looses Connection to Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.