Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S charging issues - sporadic disconnects

Since yesterday (and maybe 1-2 days after 8.3 update... related ??...), I'm facing disconnects/reconnects when charging (trying to) my iPhone 4S.

First this happened on my usual wall plug, so in order to be able to sleep last night I disconnected and thought it might simply be cable that has failed (at least on/off..)

Now I'm using the computer and of course my **other** usual cable, and I get same thing, PLUS rebooting of the iPhone.

Anyone having such issues ?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), i7, 8GB memory

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 10:17 AM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2015 9:08 AM in response to lanstrad1

Hi, lanstrad1.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are experiencing and issue charging your iPhone 4s. You have processed most of the troubleshooting steps with the issue persisting. However, there are just a couple more that I could recommend in the article below. Be sure to also check for damage to the 30-pin dock connector.

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers,

Jason H.

iPhone 4S charging issues - sporadic disconnects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.