Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off FaceTime

I keep getting a window popping up that wants me to give my password for FaceTime. I don't want FaceTime, iMessage, or phone on my Mac. I have to click "cancel" four times for the window to close. It comes back up after about three seconds. iMessage has asked me for my password, too. How do i stop it from asking me for my password and keep FaceTime, iMessage, and phone turned off? Thank you to anyone who can help 🙂

13 inch MacBook Pro retina 2013. OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 12:33 PM

FaceTime menu > Turn FaceTime Off

Messages menu > Preferences... > Accounts

select the account(s) you no longer wish to use then de-select the box "Enable this account"

As for "phone on my Mac", I'm not sure what you mean.

2 replies

Aug 4, 2015 7:53 AM in response to John Galt

Thanks, turning those off really helped. I'm not sure why anybody @ Apple thought it was a good idea to keep popping up requestors so fast that the user literally can't get anything else done … behavior that is so user-unfriendly it reminded me of some old viruses.

The puzzling thing for me is why this suddenly kicked in after almost a month of using Yosemite. I had positively never started either FaceTime nor iMessage, and it is jarring to need to suddenly turn something off that i had never turned on!

How do I turn off FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.