Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to install a free app but when I enter my apple ID in the itunes and apps in the settings, it says "this apple id has not been used in the itunes store". And it won't enter my apple id and I can't install the app What can I do about this?

Why is my iphone does not accept my apple ID when entered in itunes and apps in settings?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 9:01 AM

Is this a new Apple iD? If it is, and you have already set it up, then you have two options:

1. Temporarily put a Credit Card or Gift Card on the account to download the free app. If you put a credit card, then once you have downloaded the app, you should be able to go into your Account preferences and change the payment option to = None.

2. You can download the fee App, and then set up a new Apple ID.

Cheers,

GB

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 9:01 AM in response to Ski Chord

Is this a new Apple iD? If it is, and you have already set it up, then you have two options:

1. Temporarily put a Credit Card or Gift Card on the account to download the free app. If you put a credit card, then once you have downloaded the app, you should be able to go into your Account preferences and change the payment option to = None.

2. You can download the fee App, and then set up a new Apple ID.

Cheers,

GB

I am trying to install a free app but when I enter my apple ID in the itunes and apps in the settings, it says "this apple id has not been used in the itunes store". And it won't enter my apple id and I can't install the app What can I do about this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.