Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just updated the iPad IOS and it will not finish. HELP

I just updated the iPad IOS to 8.3 and it will not finish the install it has been stuck for over 24 hours. I plug it into the Mac and the computer says that the iPad must give me access which of course I can't. So I can not do a hard reboot. help

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 8:51 AM

7 replies

Apr 19, 2015 9:16 AM in response to Jensen67

If it's stuck on the progress bar then you could try a soft-reset and see if that gets it to complete : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds, after which the Apple logo should reappear and it will hopefully reboot fully.

If not then try recovery mode and restore to your backup : If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

May 3, 2015 9:04 AM in response to King_Penguin

i have the same problem. i updated the to the latest itunes, power down both my ipad and lap top, turned both back on, went through the process again, and still got teh same unknown error 1671. i'm sure millions of others will see this same problem if they tried to update to iOS 8.3 version. When i updated my iPhone 6 Plus, it worked!!! Not sure if that data helped with troubleshooting this problem. thanks for your effort.

I just updated the iPad IOS and it will not finish. HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.