Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

rollback iTunes 12

I absolutely HATE what is being done to iTunes!! Version 12 is the worst - and see I am not the ONLY one who does. Does anyone at Apple listen anymore? No sidebar, plain style that stinks, no easy way to manuever. I am pretty computer savvy and have helped design programs for users and NEVER has a design team I've worked with focused their efforts on wrecking a program (as that is apparently what your designers have as a goal).

I'm pretty much done with iTunes, version after version has garnered multiple complaints, anger, requests for changes and Apple apparently remains oblivious or no longer give a crap about their users. Maybe you ought to offer the "vanilla-useless" design to those geeks that like things like that and return some usability to those of us who just want to flipping USE the program without having to go to your "user manual" - sorry guys, that does NOT overcome the pure plain blah, crap you are trying to pass off.

Do you get it that there are thousands who do not appreciate you messing with this program, instead of removing user flexibility, how about restoring it

I've seen no answers to the multiple requests about allowing us to return to prior versions of iTunes that WORKED, were flexible and allowed user options. You've lost your way Apple - hate to say it but Android now seems the best option (if you are careful), even Windows seems to care more about their customers than you do anymore.

Frustrated, disappointed, sad and mad - - give me back those things that caused me to switch to Apple in the first place.

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 9:37 PM

Apple Support Communities is primarily an end-user to end-user (i.e., users like you helping other users) technical issue support feature. Feedback will likely get more attention (being optimistic) if you send it using:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Basically it is unlikely anybody from Apple will hear you here, just other users like you. I haven't used iTunes 12 but frankly I didn't see any improvements after iTunes 7.5 and still use that version. 🙂 (No, I don't own a new computer nor any Apple gadgets requiring a newer iTunes).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 9:37 PM in response to redemdone

Apple Support Communities is primarily an end-user to end-user (i.e., users like you helping other users) technical issue support feature. Feedback will likely get more attention (being optimistic) if you send it using:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Basically it is unlikely anybody from Apple will hear you here, just other users like you. I haven't used iTunes 12 but frankly I didn't see any improvements after iTunes 7.5 and still use that version. 🙂 (No, I don't own a new computer nor any Apple gadgets requiring a newer iTunes).

Apr 19, 2015 9:44 PM in response to Limnos

IIs there a way to "go back" to a prior iTunes version? I do have other devices (iPad & iPhone) so am guessing if I want to sync either of those, I'll have to cope with iTunes "upgrades"? May use my Android pad as my primary media device. And thank you for advice, knew this site was users helping users but "assumed" Apple personnel would at least be looking if it was as "responsive" as it used to be (in my experience at least). Thank you again & sorry for the rant.

Apr 20, 2015 6:44 AM in response to redemdone

Yes, you can revert but as you observe, it depends. If you have a brand new device it may insist upon the version of iTunes current the time the device was sold.

Reverting is not easy. How easy depends upon your backup history because you cannot use your present library file, you will have to use a backup or regenerate using your present library's .xml version file which will not have ratings, play count, or date added. You may be able to restore from backup. Or you may have to use other files on your computer which will revert but may end up leaving you with an older library which will need to be updated. This won't affect your media files but you may have to add some of them again as the actual content list in your library may end up dating from anytime yesterday to whenever you last updated the iTunes application.

Reverting will involve hand-removing various component files in different system folders which makes it tricky and messy. Make sure you back up first, and be prepared to do more troubleshooting.

There's various web sites with instructions on reverting (usually a page or two long). Do a web search for something like "revert iTunes".

Unless you are like me and run a computer produced 13 years ago and operating system dating from 2005, no Apple gadgets, no iTunes Store purchases, you will be eventually forced to upgrade (as I will when this computer dies, but I can enjoy iTunes 7.5 until then 🙂 ).

rollback iTunes 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.