Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my screen saver cannot access iPhotos to new photos app only get default nature pics

After updating my screen saver does not play from iPhotos. When going to System preferences neither the iPhotos or new photos app appears

the screen player is using the nature default as the library. I did not opt in to the iceless storage.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1), phtoshop elements

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 2:16 PM

When going to System preferences neither the iPhotos or new photos app appears

Actually, it can, but it takes a very long time to load the menu, that allows the selection.

See my post here: Re: How Do I Create a Screen Saver That Uses Shared Photos??

Setting the screensaver is a matter of patience, the menus are very slow, if you just set up the system and the spotlight index has still to be recreated.

But you should be able to it this way:

• Open the Desktop&Screensaver System preferences, select the Screensaver tab.
  • In the left pane select a screensaver template for slideshows.
  • In the right pane select the Source menu.
  • Now wait and have a cup of coffee, while "Loading is showing" - quarter of an hour or so.

Then select the last item "Photo Library".

User uploaded file

• Wait again, until your current photo libraries are shown.
  • Select the Photos library,

Like this:

User uploaded file

-- Léonie

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 2:16 PM in response to pbjb10

When going to System preferences neither the iPhotos or new photos app appears

Actually, it can, but it takes a very long time to load the menu, that allows the selection.

See my post here: Re: How Do I Create a Screen Saver That Uses Shared Photos??

Setting the screensaver is a matter of patience, the menus are very slow, if you just set up the system and the spotlight index has still to be recreated.

But you should be able to it this way:

• Open the Desktop&Screensaver System preferences, select the Screensaver tab.
  • In the left pane select a screensaver template for slideshows.
  • In the right pane select the Source menu.
  • Now wait and have a cup of coffee, while "Loading is showing" - quarter of an hour or so.

Then select the last item "Photo Library".

User uploaded file

• Wait again, until your current photo libraries are shown.
  • Select the Photos library,

Like this:

User uploaded file

-- Léonie

my screen saver cannot access iPhotos to new photos app only get default nature pics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.