Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme(s) and Airport Express(s) Network

Hi,

Internet TWC - Modem (SURFBoard6183) -connect to the WAN port of Airport Extreme 5th Generation (MD031LL/A) and from one LAN (5th generation) to the WAN port of Airport Extreme 6th Generation...until here everything is awesome, but i need to connect three airport express to the 6th generation airport extreme and its not working with the wire network its only connected by wireless.

I would like to connect by wire the three airport express to the LAN ports of the Airport Extreme 6th generation. but on the airport express should be connected on the WAN or on the LAN? or what i need to modified on the settings?....

Any suggestion???

Thanks,

My internet Provided is TWC, and my Modem SURFboard SB6183 and my two routers are airport extreme. up to 50 Mbps and ready to upgrade to 300 Mpbs on June 2015.

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 2:17 PM

but i need to connect three airport express to the 6th generation airport extreme and its not working with the wire network its only connected by wireless.

The 3 AirPort Express devices will all need to be reset back to factory default settings before they can be reconfigured to connect using Ethernet.

on the airport express should be connected on the WAN or on the LAN

WAN on the AirPort Express to LAN on the AirPort Extreme.

or what i need to modified on the settings?.

As mentioned above, each AirPort Express first needs to be reset back to factory defaults

Then, connect the Ethernet from the WAN on an AirPort Express to the LAN on the AirPort Extreme

Use the setup "wizard" to automatically configure the AirPort Express to "extend using Ethernet"

Once that is done, configure the other two AirPort Express devices the same way.

Post back if you are not sure how to do this.

My internet Provided is TWC, and my Modem SURFboard SB6183 and my two routers are airport extreme. up to 50 Mbps and ready to upgrade to 300 Mpbs on June 2015.

Unfortunately, the WAN port on the AirPort Express will only support up to a 100 Mbps connection, so the maximum speed that you have with any device connected to an AirPort Express will be 100 Mbps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2015 2:17 PM in response to walas

but i need to connect three airport express to the 6th generation airport extreme and its not working with the wire network its only connected by wireless.

The 3 AirPort Express devices will all need to be reset back to factory default settings before they can be reconfigured to connect using Ethernet.

on the airport express should be connected on the WAN or on the LAN

WAN on the AirPort Express to LAN on the AirPort Extreme.

or what i need to modified on the settings?.

As mentioned above, each AirPort Express first needs to be reset back to factory defaults

Then, connect the Ethernet from the WAN on an AirPort Express to the LAN on the AirPort Extreme

Use the setup "wizard" to automatically configure the AirPort Express to "extend using Ethernet"

Once that is done, configure the other two AirPort Express devices the same way.

Post back if you are not sure how to do this.

Unfortunately, the WAN port on the AirPort Express will only support up to a 100 Mbps connection, so the maximum speed that you have with any device connected to an AirPort Express will be 100 Mbps.

Airport Extreme(s) and Airport Express(s) Network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.