Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie import

Hi,

I just upgraded my Mac and I am running the latest version of everything:

OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

iMovie 10.0.7

Photos 1.0

I must say how disappointed I am by Photos. I had to reimport hundreds of photos and videos manually, lost all my albums, lost thousands of metadata on my videos so that half of them are with the date of the import in Photos and not actual creation, and I really dislike the new view. The folder view of iPhoto was so much easier to navigate, now, I have to scroll through thousands of pictures anytime I want to go to an event.

My question relates to import of photos and video, already present in the Photos library, into iMovie. It used to be dead simple, but with these new versions it seems that the only way is to export out of Photos, into a folder somewhere on your disk, and then import them again in iMovie. This process is absolutely crazy.

Has anyone found how to import, in iMovie, from the library of the Photos app, as we used to be able to do with iPhoto?

Just to be clear, the Photos library does not show up anywhere in iMovie.

Thanks,

Adrien

ps: by the way, great name for an app, Photos. Impossible to search anything because you always end up with results related to actual photos and not the Photos App.... boy I regret Aperture.

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 11:01 AM

Found the answer myself:

go to Photos, Preferences, General, and tick the box "Use as system library" (or something like that, as I'm translating from another language).

1 reply

imovie import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.