Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Rescue Email & Security Questions

I was trying to purchase a scholarship app on the iTunes Store app on my iPhone. However, when I was asked to answer my Security Questions, I could not remember the answer for one of them, so I logged into my Apple ID on my MacBook. The Rescue email address listed to reset my security questions is the email I had deleted a few months ago, so I have no access to it. I am unable to change my rescue email because I do not remember my security questions. My Apple account is locked, and I am unable to purchase anything. What do I do?

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 10:35 AM

4 replies

Apr 19, 2015 10:37 AM in response to lizbeth2498

You won't be able to change the rescue email address until you can answer your questions, you will have to contact Support in your country to get the questions reset.

Contacting Apple about account security : Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

If your country isn't on that page then try this form to contact Support : https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

When they've been reset update your rescue email address for potential future use : Manage your Apple ID primary, rescue, alternate, and notification email addresses

Or if it's available in your country you could change to 2-step verification : Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID

Apple ID Rescue Email & Security Questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.