Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flickering black/white horizontal lines?

Wonder if anybody can help -

I am on a MacBook Pro 13-inch (Mid 2012) running OS X Yosemite (Version 10.10.2) and I am having a long term problem with display/graphics - not sure of which one.

Whenever I am running an application which uses the camera - whether it may be FaceTime, Photo Booth or a web-based application - I experience lots of small (possibly 1 - 2 cm across) black/white lines across the display. However, this is not only when using the camera. This same issue also occurs when viewing the likes of videos, or online flash-based things.

I cannot seem to find anybody else with the same issue, and I can't contact apple because, well to be honest, I'm not going to pay £25

Is this a graphics, display or other problem? Any resolutions? I have not a clue.

Thank you😀

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 11:29 AM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2015 3:57 PM in response to Dancooper0

You need to take it to an Applestore as you may be part of this known graphics issue…

https://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

They wil verify if the model may be affected.

Backup & take it along. Ask if you need advice on how to backup, or see the Apple info linked on that page.

I don't understand what your £25 complaint is - Apple genius bar appointments are free, if the Mac has no warranty & no Applecare you will have to pay for repairs, but only if you are not covered under the repair program. At the very least Check your Coverage as is described on that page.

Flickering black/white horizontal lines?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.