Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way for substituting a photo for a specified number of frames of video and still retain the audio portion of the video? I am using v. 10.0.7 of iMovie and v 10.10.3 of OS X.

Is there a way for substituting a photo for a specified number of frames of video and still retain the audio portion of the video? I am using v. 10.0.7 of iMovie and v 10.10.3 of OS X.

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 10:45 PM

That's called a Cut-Away, easy to accomplish, the Manual tells you how:

http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.0.6/?lang=en#/movf525350f0

3 replies

Apr 20, 2015 11:27 PM in response to JeffCDavis

JeffCDavis wrote:

∞ Guess I wasn't deep enough into the jargon (cut=away) to catch the directions.

You're Welcome .... 😀

yepp, needs a while to catch up this 'movie makers lingo' , ...

In context of your Q:

Most funny word (and fun when doing it) I learned is 'noddy shots'… hu?

Recording an interview, you record without sound some CU 'neutral faces' ( = nods, "Ahaaa! ") of the interviewer, you can use as Cut-Away when editing the audio of the person and you have to hide cuts ...

Have fun making movies!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.