Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom behaving in new unexpected manner

I don't know if I accidentally hit some perfect combo of keystrokes to change how my MBP zooms, but it is different today than yesterday. I'll do my best to explain. And there are a few different things going on.

1. It used to be that a little circle with a + or - in it would appear to the left of the Bookmark star in the far right of the URL are. It is no longer there.

User uploaded file

2. As much as a page's design would allow, when I zoomed in, a page would act responsively, as in, it would adjust its display, accounting for both the zoom factor and the size of my screen. That is no longer happening. Now, the page just zooms in like I'm looking through a magnifying glass. This is the most annoying and discouraging feature.

Here is the normal view:

User uploaded file

And here's the same screen zoomed in, not that much:

User uploaded file

3. It no longer shrinks or zooms in to less than 100%.

I am at a loss. As I stated, perhaps I hit some keys in the perfect manner to change how my Zoom is working. But I have no idea how to fix and it and would love to hear what the Apple community can offer.

And no, I have not yet upgraded to OS Yosemite for a number of reasons I'm happy to explain if you really want to know. But, I find it hard to believe that my zoom features would change on my just because I haven't upgraded.

Thanks for your input! The new zoom behaviors are not conducive to how I work.

-Tricia

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 12:05 PM

1 reply

Zoom behaving in new unexpected manner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.