Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why has airdrop stopped working on my imac?

Up until a couple of weeks ago i could share docs between my MacBook Pro and my Imac. Now I can't. The macbook Pro can 'see' the Imac - but the Imac can't see the macbook pro. whats going on?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 12:03 PM

5 replies

Apr 19, 2015 12:50 PM in response to richardnyowen

We'll fix this.

Start up your iMac and MacBook Pro. Make sure both are set up on the same network, and both are using Airdrop.

Right now, on my iMac, I'm seeing some blue text at the bottom:

Allow me to be discovered by Contacts Only - Don't see what you're looking for?

Tap on "Don't see what you're looking for?" A dialog button should appear, telling you to connect to your MacBook. After a few seconds of searching, you should see the icon of the computer you want to connect to.

Apr 19, 2015 1:11 PM in response to richardnyowen

And by a strange twist of fate, switching off the laptop and then switching it back on has rectified the problem. my 2 machines now communicate with each other.

its absolutely frustrating and a complete pain in the backside. And theres never any explanation from Apple which adds to my exasperation. but such is life. what they don't seem to get is that if you expect them to be perfect, it's a real pain when they're not.

Perhaps they could amend their publicity so that we didn't expect so much from them :-) then we wouldn't get let down by them :-)

why has airdrop stopped working on my imac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.