Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Command R not working when prompted at Repair Disk

I'm gonna start out letting you all know that I'm new to this and don't really know what I'm talking about, so please forgive me. I just really need help and will give all the information that I think you need to help me figure this out. I just don't understand why my Command + R doesn't restart the computer like it's supposed to. I've never added or installed hardware to my computer. Actually, I have only two or three software programs, if that.

I have a MacBook Pro, 2.2 GHz, 4 GB 1333 MHz, OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

The problem surfaced when I ran Disk Utility, and it came up with some errors. It said for me to restart my computer by using the Command + R, but it didn't do anything. I tried restarting the laptop 3 times, with a full Shutdown once, but it still won't work.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 12:40 PM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2015 2:01 PM in response to Buckaboo00

I should clarify the last part. I DID restart the laptop 3 times manually with a full Shutdown once as a reboot, thinking that might somehow help, but it didn't.

Also, I forgot to say that I wasn't able to run my repair disk because of not being able to restart with the Command + R. A manual restart takes me back to verify disk, and I'm back to square one.

Command R not working when prompted at Repair Disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.