Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi issue post update of 8.3

i noticed that since I upgtaded to 8.3 my phone 6 very erratically disconnect or doesn't recognise Wifi.

Though my other equipments like Laptop, BB works absolutely fine. I twice restored my phone too.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 12:07 PM

2 replies

Jun 2, 2015 7:14 PM in response to Jaysonpeng

I have an Apple iPhone 5c iOS 8.3. I have no other Apple devices-tablet is Android. In the past couple of weeks, I have been unable to send/receive texts to my contacts who had iPhones unless I activated my cell data. I have iMessage enabled, but never needed to check with other iPhone users to ensure they also had iMessage enabled. I used my home wifi connection and all texts were sent /received IN THE BLUE BUBBLE. My texts/messages sent to those few contacts I have who do not have an iPhone were of course, in the green bubble which denotes one is using (paid) cell data through my carrier's data plan. As do most, I prefer not to use my cell data if I am able to use my wifi. However, with the latest update-8.3, all sorts of glitches have randomly appeared. I spent 5 hours in 3 different conversations, and countless emails with Apple CS reps who had me erase, restore, enable, sign out, sign in, etc. The only thing they haven't suggested is to throw my phone in the garbage. My spouse and I have the same phones-with dissimilar settings. I had iCloud enabled-as I was advised by Apple CS, he did not. We both have Apple ID's. @ days ago, he sent a message to a family member who has an iPhone-although his bubble was green, he assumed the text/message was delivered since he did not receive a "failed delivery" notification. It was not delivered. All our contacts with iPhones are now green and sent in a green bubble.In our "settings". we have iMessage, SMS, and MMS checked. "Send and receive" shows 2- our Apple ID's are checked in bold,and our phone #'s are greyed out and unchecked. We both have "start new conversation" checked with our cell phone #'s. I did read a purported "resolution" on these forums, although I have not yet done as the writer suggested. His post is under the name NoahWhite2014, in the 'basic how-to threads. I forwarded his suggestion to the Apple CS, who indicated to me that she had,indeed , apprised the engineers.

As of this afternoon, 6/02/15, I received a reply email from the last Apple CS rep I spoke to. She informed me that "..her engineers had identified a couple of issues with iCloud ..and hoped to have an update to 8.3 soon". She did not specify when this "fix' would be released, but expressed hope that it would be released in the next 2 weeks.

I don't know why Apple executives have failed to publicise this bug-or even accept responsibility for the numerous problems so many have encountered with not only iMessage, but also with degradation of function in other applications. If one Googles iMessage, iOS 8.3,hundreds of complaints and pleas for help appear. We do not have an Apple Store with a Genius Bar closer than 300 miles-that is not an option. If anyone on these forums has any ideas, please share. I am seriously considering sending Apple a bill for aggravation ,my time, and any data overage incurred due to the obviously corrupted iOS 8.3.

Wifi issue post update of 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.