Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't hear my songs on i tunes

I have a Windows computer and I can't hear the music I purchased from the ITunes Store. Its not my computer because I can hear my youtube videos its a setting on ITunes I think.

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 9:57 AM

Hello Ashlee22.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

When having issues with audio playback with iTunes, the following Knowledge Base Article offers up some great recommendations to review for troubleshooting:

iTunes 12 for Windows: If you have trouble playing music or other audio

Particularly usefull to begin is the following:

If the progress bar at the top of the iTunes window is moving, but you don’t hear anything

• If you’re using your computer’s built-in speakers: Make sure the volume control at the top of the iTunes window isn’t turned down, and that your computer’s output volume isn’t turned down (in the “Sound and Audio Devices Properties” control panel).

• If you’re using powered speakers connected to your computer: Make sure the powered speakers are properly plugged in to your computer’s audio port, plugged into a power source, and turned on. Also make sure their volume isn’t turned down.

• If you’re using remote speakers and the iTunes volume control is dimmed: Make sure Computer is selected in the AirPlay pop-up menu User uploaded file at the top of the iTunes window. Then choose iTunes > Preferences, click Devices, and make sure “Allow iTunes audio control from remote speakers” is not selected.

• If you’re trying to listen to music through remote speakers using AirPort Express: Make sure the remote speakers are selected in the AirPlay pop-up menu User uploaded file at the top of the iTunes window, and the volume control on the speakers isn’t turned down.

If you’re using an AirPort Express, you can find more troubleshooting information in the documentation that came with your AirPort Express, or at the AirPort Support website.

Cheers,

Pedro.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2015 9:57 AM in response to Ashlee22

Hello Ashlee22.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

When having issues with audio playback with iTunes, the following Knowledge Base Article offers up some great recommendations to review for troubleshooting:

iTunes 12 for Windows: If you have trouble playing music or other audio

Particularly usefull to begin is the following:

If the progress bar at the top of the iTunes window is moving, but you don’t hear anything

• If you’re using your computer’s built-in speakers: Make sure the volume control at the top of the iTunes window isn’t turned down, and that your computer’s output volume isn’t turned down (in the “Sound and Audio Devices Properties” control panel).

• If you’re using powered speakers connected to your computer: Make sure the powered speakers are properly plugged in to your computer’s audio port, plugged into a power source, and turned on. Also make sure their volume isn’t turned down.

• If you’re using remote speakers and the iTunes volume control is dimmed: Make sure Computer is selected in the AirPlay pop-up menu User uploaded file at the top of the iTunes window. Then choose iTunes > Preferences, click Devices, and make sure “Allow iTunes audio control from remote speakers” is not selected.

• If you’re trying to listen to music through remote speakers using AirPort Express: Make sure the remote speakers are selected in the AirPlay pop-up menu User uploaded file at the top of the iTunes window, and the volume control on the speakers isn’t turned down.

If you’re using an AirPort Express, you can find more troubleshooting information in the documentation that came with your AirPort Express, or at the AirPort Support website.

Cheers,

Pedro.

i can't hear my songs on i tunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.