Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes has lost all content.

Hi all,

I have Windows 7 and i Tunes 12 and since I today updated to 12.1.2.27 all content has disappeared.

The problem is obvious: since a long time I have moved my iTunes media to another drive and after the update iTunes shows as location: C/User/Music/ iTunes. This is the standard location.

In “preferences” I changed the location tot the right one but that does not work, iTunes stays empty.

On the internet I found this as a possible solutiuon: https://support.apple.com/nl-nl/HT203225

However, my media are not on C/ and in C/Users/Music/iTunes I now have some library flies and on the location where my media is stored I also have library files.

This is very confusion and I don’t know which library files I must use.

Can somebody pleased tell me what I must do?

Thank you very much!

Matthew from the Netherlands

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 12:48 PM

5 replies

Apr 20, 2015 1:04 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your reply, tirungtest2.

Unfortunately replacing the library did not work, iTunes stayed empty.

Lukely I managed to solve the problem.

In iTunes I added all folders (music, apps, tones, etc.) to the library. And it worked!

After that I connected my iPhones and iPad to iTunes to sync with this new library.

I'm happy again, however I hope the next update form iTunes will not cause these problems again.

Cheers!

Matthew.

iTunes has lost all content.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.