Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual Display, 2 Monitors - Extended Desktop

Hello Everyone:

There isn't a clear cut answer or solution in connected a Macbook Air to 2 external monitors in an attempt to create an extended desktop. I have read older posts that it's either doable or not doable. My questions are the following:

-Is it possible to connect a new Macbook Air to 2 external monitors for extended desktop purposes?

-Some users have reported lag issues (mouse dragging , delays, etc.). Will this happen for sure with a Macbook Air or is it a monitor issue?

-What's the best non-Apple monitor brand that would work best with a Macbook Air for dual display purposes? I've read that Dells have a problem in this regard.

-What would be the advantage or disadvantage of using a dock station in setting up a dual display environment? Would this add to the lag, latency factor?

I'm thinking of investing in a new Macbook Air, but I want to make sure I dont end up with silly issues - such as latency, monitors, etc.

Thank you for all your help and advise.

Best,

G.

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 11:37 AM

1 reply

Dual Display, 2 Monitors - Extended Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.