Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Im trying to put music on my ipod nano.

Im trying to put music on my ipod nano. i had to install updated version of itunes first. itunes wont fully install because it says i need os x 10.7.5 or later. currently i have os x 10.5.8. how do i update this? how much is this going to cost?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 1:00 PM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2015 1:07 PM in response to samnur

Unfortunately users of OS X Leopard must buy OS X Snow Leopard before upgrading to OS X Yosemite.

You can buy snow leopard here for £14.99

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

Then the upgrade to Yosemite will be free of cost. I suggest you check the list of compatible MacBooks before you download either of these and also the system requirements.

Apr 20, 2015 7:52 AM in response to samnur

Snow Leopard requirements:

System Requirements

Mac

• Mac computer with an Intel processor
  • 5 GB free hard drive space
  • 1 GB RAM
  • DVD drive for installation

Check that your computer is compatible with Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite.

To check the model number hold down the option/alt key, go to the Apple menu and select System Information.

• iMac (Mid 2007 or newer) model number 7,1 or higher
  • MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer) model number 5,1 or higher
  • MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer) model number 3,1 or higher
  • MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer) model number 2,1 or higher
  • Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer) model number 3,1 or higher
  • Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer) model number 3,1 or higher
  • Xserve (Early 2009) model number 3,1 or higher

Your Mac needs:

• OS X v10.6.8 or OS X Lion already installed
  • 2 GB or more of memory (More is better - 4 GB minimum seems to be the consensus)
  • 8 GB or more of available space

Check to make sure your applications are compatible. PowerPC applications are no longer supported after 10.6.

Application Compatibility

Applications Compatibility (2)

Do a backup before installing.

If you can/do upgrade, I recommend you make a copy of the installer and move it out of your Applications folder. The installer self-destructs. The copy will keep you from having to download the installer again. You can make a bootable USB stick to install using this free program which will do all the work for you.

Bootable USB Flash Drive – Diskmaker X

Im trying to put music on my ipod nano.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.