Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS upgrade 4 replacement phone

Hi y'all! I am getting a "new" replacement 4s & im not sure what OS I should upgrade it to. My previous 4s worked beautifully until I updated it to 8.3 when it went dark & never restarted despite following all of the apple suggestions. So Im quite leery (sp?) about updating again to 8.3 or even 8.0 after I have read other issues with that update as well. My question is what OS version has been the "most" stable for at least the iphone 4s? I don't have the phone until tomorrow so im not even sure what OS version is installed on it.

Any thoughts or suggestion are appreciated..

Thanks sara

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 1:11 PM

9 replies

Apr 19, 2015 3:48 PM in response to tonefox

tonefox yeah I understand that im only going to see problems on these types of boards. I get that but I too had the issue with the upgrade so now im worried about going for it again. what do you think the chances are that it will effect another phone. probably less than 1% but when your part of that 1% it makes a big impact.

thanks for your feedback to keep it in perspective 🙂

sara

Apr 19, 2015 4:12 PM in response to fidola13

fidola13 wrote:

tonefox yeah I understand that im only going to see problems on these types of boards. I get that but I too had the issue with the upgrade so now im worried about going for it again. what do you think the chances are that it will effect another phone. probably less than 1% but when your part of that 1% it makes a big impact.

thanks for your feedback to keep it in perspective 🙂

sara

1% is very much a stab in the dark. It may well be more like .01% if that. I have never seen an iPhone 4s 'killed' by the update. I have however seen a faulty iPhone 4s die with an iOS7 install. Deduction? If an iPhone is ready to die from hardware failure, then any update merely pushes it over the edge. The sane with PCs.

Cheers

Pete

iOS upgrade 4 replacement phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.