Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone or iPad can't find AirPrint on my HP Envy5640 printer

HHow do I get my iPhone and iPad to find AirPrint on my printer

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3, Also ipad

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 11:08 AM

Hello Cocoseve,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If your iOS devices will not find the AirPrint printer on your network, first please ensure you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network on all of the devices. After that, pelase take a look at the information below for further assistance.

If you can't print to your AirPrint printer

Check these things if you are unable to print, or if you see the message "No AirPrint Printers Found."

• On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, verify that your device is using the latest version of iOS available and that the app you're printing from is up to date.
  • On your Mac, use Software Update to update OS X and apps you've purchased from the Mac App Store.
  • Check with your printer's manufacturer to see if any firmware updates are available for your printer model.
  • You can connect an AirPrint device to your network either through bridging, or a direct connection to your Wi-Fi network.
  • AirPrint devices connected to the USB port of an Apple AirPort Base Station or AirPort Time Capsule don't use AirPrint. If your printer includes AirPrint, connect it directly to your Wi-Fi network or the Ethernet LAN port on your Base Station to print wirelessly.
  • After turning on your printer, wait a few moments before trying to print. Some printers might take a minute or two after powering up before joining your network.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Cheers,

Alex H.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2015 11:08 AM in response to Cocoseve

Hello Cocoseve,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If your iOS devices will not find the AirPrint printer on your network, first please ensure you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network on all of the devices. After that, pelase take a look at the information below for further assistance.

If you can't print to your AirPrint printer

Check these things if you are unable to print, or if you see the message "No AirPrint Printers Found."

• On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, verify that your device is using the latest version of iOS available and that the app you're printing from is up to date.
  • On your Mac, use Software Update to update OS X and apps you've purchased from the Mac App Store.
  • Check with your printer's manufacturer to see if any firmware updates are available for your printer model.
  • You can connect an AirPrint device to your network either through bridging, or a direct connection to your Wi-Fi network.
  • AirPrint devices connected to the USB port of an Apple AirPort Base Station or AirPort Time Capsule don't use AirPrint. If your printer includes AirPrint, connect it directly to your Wi-Fi network or the Ethernet LAN port on your Base Station to print wirelessly.
  • After turning on your printer, wait a few moments before trying to print. Some printers might take a minute or two after powering up before joining your network.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Cheers,

Alex H.

My iPhone or iPad can't find AirPrint on my HP Envy5640 printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.