Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete Apple Apps

How would I delete a few Apple apps that I don't need and that are taking up a lot of needed room on my iPhone?

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 1:21 PM

If you are referring to the Apps included with the iOS, you can't.

11 replies

Apr 19, 2015 2:08 PM in response to curly1

curly1 wrote:

Do you think if enough people complain to Apple about it they'll make a change or will it be like the usual Apple response-"We know what you want better than you"?

I'd bet on the latter, myself. However you should definitely submit your feedback to Apple:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

For what it's worth, apps don't take up very much space.

Apr 19, 2015 2:18 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:

curly1 wrote:

Do you think if enough people complain to Apple about it they'll make a change or will it be like the usual Apple response-"We know what you want better than you"?

I'd bet on the latter, myself. However you should definitely submit your feedback to Apple:

Indeed; after installing 8.2 I had more free space than I had with 8.1.3, so clearly the Apple Watch app uses negative storage 😉

Apr 19, 2015 2:22 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I'm sure that's the true, but it has more to , in my case, with housekeeping. Why have things around that you're not ever going to use? As you suggested in your previous communication I did make a complaint/suggestion to Apple noting that if there're people that need and/or want those apps and others that don't why not make them deletable and give the choice to the users?

Apr 19, 2015 2:26 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:

Meg St._Clair wrote:

curly1 wrote:

Indeed; after installing 8.2 I had more free space than I had with 8.1.3, so clearly the Apple Watch app uses negative storage 😉

But, very shortly, people will be asking how to delete the installed apps on the Apple Watch.

Apr 19, 2015 2:38 PM in response to curly1

A couple of the Apple apps were previously available for download from the App Store if the user desired to have them on their device...I believe those were Podcasts and iBooks. Apple has now embedded those apps within iOS (I believe it began with iOS 8.x)...you now cannot delete them and they're only updated when an iOS update is released. Seems Apple is going backwards in this regard. 😕

Delete Apple Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.