Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook 2009 Aluminum Unibody 2.4 GHz Intel Duo Core

No question here just a rant about how awesome I think this laptop is! Our company bought me a new retina MBP last year and let me buy this one that I'd been using since 2008 for $100. (Actually they took $100 out of my check a few months down the road because I forgot to turn it back in)

So it's been sitting on a shelf in my closet for months and my daughter called from school saying she needed a new laptop. I've heard all the stories about breathing new life into an old Mac with a few low cost upgrades and figured, what the heck... I upgraded it to 8 GB of RAM @ $79.99, a 240 GB SSD @ $127.99, both from OWC and installed Yosemite upgrade for free. All I can say is WOW, I'm blown away and aside from some slightly improved graphics on the retina display there is little difference in the operation of the two computers. My daughter loves it and all in I'm at a little over $300. What a great company making fantastic machines and anyone that says a Mac isn't worth the upfront investment is just insane.

User uploaded file

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 5:02 PM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2015 5:08 PM in response to ETexmacguy

That is the basic problem with Macs - they just keep running until we get tired of them and buy something new 👿

I normally use an Early 2011 MBP and late 2011 iMac, but have a 2005 iMac G5 that still runs, bit slow but it runs. And three more downstairs that I cannot get rid of even though they are old machines.

Enjoy your new-life MBP, sounds like a good solution for your daughter 🙂

Apr 19, 2015 9:03 PM in response to ETexmacguy

Yup,

I'm on a early 2011 13" MBP that I did exactly that except I opted for the 120 GB SSD (budget!).

Did my son's late 2010 13" MBP both of these are running Mavericks.

Both running great. Glad your machine is running Yosemite and doing fine. I've been avoiding it due to what I see around here.

The earliest one I did was a client's late 2009 Unibody w/ the 240 GB and only 4 GB RAM. It was running Lion like a champ and her daughter is using it in high school..

I'm getting back another son's 2009 MBP 15" that I had worked on before and I'll do the same to that one.

So they never die. These upgrades make them new:

Oh and everything came from OWC!

Here's how my MBP is running:

Startup:

http://tinyurl.com/ooe6sac

Photoshop CS 6 open job:

http://tinyurl.com/nsussol

Macbook 2009 Aluminum Unibody 2.4 GHz Intel Duo Core

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.