Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I send an SMS message from my Text Message Forwarding enabled Macbook to an Android, it breaks the message up into several out of order chunks. Is there a solution to this?

I have a 2012 Macbook Air and an iPhone 5, both with up-to-date software. When I set up Text Message Forwarding, everything went according to plan, until I sent a relatively wordy text to a friend (from my Macbook) to a friend on an Android phone. It chopped the text up into several 2 line fragments, and delivered them in seemingly random order. The fragments were specifically 2 lines, and not 160 characters, which is the "limit" you used to get on old SMS messages. It continues to happen.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 3:11 PM

1 reply

When I send an SMS message from my Text Message Forwarding enabled Macbook to an Android, it breaks the message up into several out of order chunks. Is there a solution to this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.