Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting up paragraph style

I'm helping someone to work with Pages on a New MacBook Air. I'm used to LaTeX typesetting on Linux, which seems much simpler. The format of a paper requires that the title page and table of contents not be enumerated, that arabic numbering start at bottom center of the Introduction page and at the upper right corner on all subsequent pages.

Do I have to remove header and footer on the initial pages to remove numbers? I gather that after I've assigned a page number to the bottom of the Introduction page, that I need to insert a new section. But how do I start numbering with a 1 at the introduction?

MacBook Air, iOS 8

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 2:45 PM

Assuming you have Pages 5:

Click in the Header or Footer of the Introduction page where you want your page number:

Toolbar > Document > Section > uncheck Match previous section > Page Numbering > Start at: 1

Go back to the previous section and delete the page number from the Footer or Header.

Peter

1 reply

setting up paragraph style

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.