Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 loses audio out on phone calls

While making a call I can hear the other person, but they can't hear me. It happens both in one-to-one calling and also going through response trees to get to the right person. The keypad work to choose an option, but as soon as the person is on the line, they can't hear me. Usually If I recall, it works, but sometimes it doesn't.

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 2:11 PM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2015 1:56 PM in response to sjlarson650

Hello sjlarson650,

Based on your post it seems you are experiencing audio issues during calls. The following article provides troubleshooting steps you may want to explore:

If your voice is too faint or sounds unclear using iPhone, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Fix common issues

Follow these steps, testing after each with Voice Memos.

1. Unplug anything plugged into the headset jack.
  2. If you're on a call and holding your phone next to your ear, speak into the microphone and make sure you don't block it with your fingers or shoulder.
  3. If you're using a screen protector or case that covers the microphone, remove it. Clear any debris from the microphones.
  4. Restart your device.
  5. Update to the latest version of iOS.

If you've tried these steps and people still can't hear you well on calls, contact Apple Support.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Bobby_D

iPhone 6 loses audio out on phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.