Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 unlocking

I am in the US and looking to purchase an IPhone 6+. I will get it unlocked (after paying full price for the phone) and then order a Vodaphone Sim card from Spain so that when I am traveling there, ( 6 weeks on the Camino) I can use it locally. What do I need to know before starting this process? All advice is appreciated. Especially cost saving. Thank you in advance.

iPhone 6 Plus, Travel

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 2:55 PM

7 replies

Apr 19, 2015 3:09 PM in response to Bendegirl

Do you live in the U.S.? If so, are you planning on using the phone on a U.S. carrier after you're done traveling? If so, which one. That may make a difference in how you proceed. For example, if your carrier is Verizon, you can buy an iPhone 6+ either at full price or upgrade price if you're eligible. The phone will be unlocked regardless. You'll be able to use it abroad as well as on Verizon. The same isn't true of an unlocked phone from Apple (they don't work well on Verizon).

If you're using any other carrier, you should probably buy your unlocked phone from Apple directly.

iphone 6 unlocking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.