Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on Mac not showing my entire iCloud photo library

Hi! I've recently downloaded the latest Yosemite update that comes with the Photos app for Mac. I've been using iCloud storage/photos to store my iphone pictures for awhile now, but now that I've installed the new Photos app, the photos I have stored in iCloud aren't syncing to my photos app on my mac.

Here's a view of a "moment" on iCloud.com:

User uploaded file

And here's what I can see on Photos on my Mac:

User uploaded file

even though I have iCloud photo library enabled and set up to "Download Originals to this Mac". I know that the screenshot below shows an upload in progress, which is me uploading my Mac's photo library ported over from iPhoto currently being uploaded to iCloud.

User uploaded file

Before this upload started, though, there was a brief "Adding Items" progress bar as well, that was replaced by the "Uploading Items" message above:

User uploaded file

I assumed because that message switched to "uploading" that it must mean it is finished downloading from my iCloud (if that's what "adding" meant in the first place)? Is my Mac uploading and downloading at the same time and I'll just have to wait until both are finished for Photos to actually be synced, or is there some other reason my libraries aren't syncing correctly?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 12:30 AM

I have exactly the same problem. All my photos taken on my iphone have uploaded into the cloud and can be viewed no problem on icloud.com but on my mac it appears to be frozen at the uploading stage and also says it is uploading 1,115 photos when I only have 320 in my library!

8 replies

May 3, 2015 12:47 AM in response to roccit

I've had this same thing happen too. I have even been on the phone to Apple support for over 2 hours without any resolution.

I have 11,401 photos that say are awaiting to be uploaded on iCloud but I haven't even got anything on my status bar to say that ANY have been uploaded.

I asked Apple where are these pictures meant to appear. They said it should be in iCloud, Photos, recently added. I have nothing.

The whole reason I paid for more storage was to do what its said to do on the tin!! Very frustrated😕

May 10, 2015 4:19 AM in response to heddychaa

Had the same problem, but found out the uploading of the photo-library just takes very long. It is so slow that you don't notice any progress, it's like watching the grass grow! Had it running for over a week every night for my ±6000 photo's, then it was fine.

Other way around, my phone 6 got stuck in showing the library and new photo's I took with it did not show up in Photo's. Spent two hours at genius bar, many ours on phone and e-mail contact withe Apple helpdesk, but it did not help. Iphone6 kept on downloading, even in flight mode, even after several new startups., even after my phone dropped in water and was completely off for 5 days. Now the I-phone 6 will be replaced and I borrowed a I-phone 4. Some of the photo's I recently took do show up in Photo's, but at random others don't... It's frustrating!

Sep 27, 2015 7:36 AM in response to Upstate Mac User

I have the same issue.

Photo-App on Mac says: 2 objects upload

Progressbar is at 50% since 60 minutes...

And my photos from my iPhone are shown on my iPad, but not at my Macbook... only the "old" ones... not the new ones...:-(

Anybody with a solution out there?

Edit: Finally, everything is ok after letting Photo for 70 minutes in the background...

Photos on Mac not showing my entire iCloud photo library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.