Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need a laptop for College.

I Will being off to college soon, and am in need of a laptop. Yes the MacBook seems as if it's a brilliant laptop, but not sure if its right for me.

I would be using iLife everyday and web browsing. There'd be occassional gamming and occassional Photoshop. Can this laptop last for Atleast 4 year? Or should I get the MacBook Pro? The MacBook Air is out of the queation.

I Need to know if it's worth paying for the wonderful design the MacBook gives, but the Intel core M chip is a downer when it comes to benchmark comparisons. Can someone change my mind? Is the MacBook right for me?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 6:39 PM

My suggestion: macbook pro 2015 13" retina. The 2015 Macbook 12" is definitely the prettiest of all MacBooks, no doubt, but if you spend the same money, you will get a 13" macbook pro with retina display and force touch. With that you will get a dual core i5 or i7 processor which will fit all your needs for next 4 years (more so than macbook 2015). It will also have all the standard ports ready to use. Don't get me wrong, I am not old school, but as it stands now, it will be an expensive proposition if you bought the new 2015 macbook as you will have to shell out for dongles and adapters too. I see this as a secondary laptop for most purposes and travel for people who can afford.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 6:39 PM in response to woolander36

My suggestion: macbook pro 2015 13" retina. The 2015 Macbook 12" is definitely the prettiest of all MacBooks, no doubt, but if you spend the same money, you will get a 13" macbook pro with retina display and force touch. With that you will get a dual core i5 or i7 processor which will fit all your needs for next 4 years (more so than macbook 2015). It will also have all the standard ports ready to use. Don't get me wrong, I am not old school, but as it stands now, it will be an expensive proposition if you bought the new 2015 macbook as you will have to shell out for dongles and adapters too. I see this as a secondary laptop for most purposes and travel for people who can afford.

I need a laptop for College.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.