Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook not recognizing iPhone

My computer (a MacBook) will not recognize my iPhone 5. I do not believe that it is an issue with my computer, because I tested it on a friend's computer (PC), and his did not recognize it, either, nor do I believe that it is an issue with the cable, because my phone will still charge when plugged into a wall, unless having an official Apple cable makes a difference, because mine is not. I also do not think that it is a USB port issue, because it acknowledges other items plugged in there.

The only things that I can think of is that it may be connected to the fact that my 2008/2009 MacBook, OS X 10.6.8, will not receive the latest version of iTunes, and/or that I just updated my iPhone to the latest iOS, 8.3. Help!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3, 2008 Macbook OS X 10.6.8

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 4:35 PM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2015 5:20 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I do have iTunes 11.4, I even threw it away through Terminal and re-downloaded it, but yeah, I'm not sure if my cable is certified by Apple; I just got it at Radio Shack for my car, so I'll have to try a different one, though it has always worked up until now, again, not sure if it's connected or not, but until after I downloaded iOS 8.3 (I don't sync my phone very often, so I hadn't tried for probably a week before or after that update).

Thanks. I'll try the cable.

MacBook not recognizing iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.