Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Best buy mohandseen, Cairo,Egypt customer service

HI My Name is Aseel, i have been using apple products since 2004, i bought macbook pro 15 in 2009, 2 month ago, the computer is not working. It gives me the first beeb then it freez. I took my computer to apple customer service , best buy, Mohandseen branch in Cairo,Egypt. The technician said that the cable connecting the screen itself to the board is burned and this is the reason why the screen in not working and the screen is not working after this electric fault. I asked them what to do, the techinian said i must buy new screen will cost me 850 $ dollars and it will ari e after 6 weeks but he is not sure if he replaced the old screen , the new might get the same electric fault amd will be damaged. moreover when i asked him for a written report so i can document the problem and discuss it here, ne refused to give me a written document. What should i do now? is the life span of the macbook pro is 6 years? I know there is life span for the batter amd could be replaced after sometime , but in my situation what do you asvice me to do?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 3:38 PM

5 replies

Apr 26, 2015 1:12 PM in response to Aseel Gamal

Not sure of the process, costs, or issues if you were to try and ship your old MacBook to another

country for testing, service, and then return shipping; the matter may be best discussed with an

expert company who does that kind of repair. One that would test the entire machine & carefully

check it thoroughly. There are several who would, but may have restrictions based on international

trade issues that are beyond my understanding of them.

You could contact companies in Europe or the US, to see if they can accept for repair older model

Apple portable computers, and can help accommodate the need to get yours repaired expertly...

Some may while others may not. Or the costs may add up to be prohibitive in the economic sense.

wegenermedia.com does repairs, and also offers repaired computers for sale, plus has parts...

wegenermedia (US) repairs

(international) 803-926-1555

Monday-Friday 9am - 6pm EST

wegenermedia -

other page links:

Others such as they are, powerbookmedic and the like, still have to see your computer to diagnostic

test and check it over, to provide an estimate before they proceed. Shipping both ways adds to cost.

A repaired computer just like yours may be a better answer if all the costs add up too much. And there

are the iFixit.com repair guides, to get an idea of what's inside the computer. Most are a tedious fix.

There were two other companies listed in the Apple support map, linked in previous post, did you check

with them in the Cairo area? Could be they are limited and don't have a whole set of individual parts for

a repair of the issue(s) your Mac may have, once it's opened other parts may add up. If they can't get

just a cable, maybe they want to replace a whole display as that may include a cable? ~ A guess.

Some parts can be harder to get, in certain localities, as these models get older.

Sorry to not really offer much in the way of a useful reply; checking into options and other sources for

repaired models similar to yours from elsewhere, if reasonable prior to shipping, may be a way to go.

While the links provided above are here as a courtesy, I have no personal interests in the company.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

edited 2x

Apple Best buy mohandseen, Cairo,Egypt customer service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.