Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I pause the elapsed timer in keynote

I have made a Keynote Presentation and at the 90 minute point I want to have a 10 minute break

is there a way that I can PAUSE the "elapsed time Timer" in the presenters mode? and then restart it when I restart the presentation?

Each of my slides have notes that show me ( as the presenter) where I should be in the 3 hours presentation and If they dont come back from the break after exactly 10 minutes...then the times on my slides wont match the elapsed timer... so I'd just rather pause the elapsed timer..

any help is appreciated

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 3:42 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2015 5:18 AM in response to kallard

is there a way that I can PAUSE the "elapsed time Timer" in the presenters mode? and then restart it when I restart the presentation?

No, the timer runs continuously to inform you the duration at any point in the presentation.

As this is a single presentation, the countdown timer must continue to provide accurate timing. If you have a break during the presentation at 90 minutes, and reconvene when the timer shows 100 minutes, you know exactly where you are in the presentation.

then the times on my slides wont match the elapsed timer

Change the information to show the correct elapsed time.

how do I pause the elapsed timer in keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.