Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a shortcut to butt up two regions together (without joining them)? I'm spending too much time dragging regions around.

Is it possible to automatically align two regions (after deleting a segment). This case refers to podcasts. After I delete an "uuummm" I'm currently having to go back and drag the tracks around and manually line up the two ends. I'm hoping there's a shortcut which brings two selected regions together, and even joining them would be acceptable too. I'm aware of the "join" shortcut but it leaves the space between two regions, which results in silence once the regions have been joined -- no help, obviously.

I have the most current version on GB.

Thanks in advance

Brandon

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 4:14 PM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2015 7:40 PM in response to brandonfrommagnolia

Getting a bit faster, but that still requires two splits, then selecting the desired region then hitting "delete and move" I was hoping that I could simply highlight a section within a region and with one shortcut, delete the highlighted section while simultaneously abutting the two new regions together. If it doesn't exist, then oh well. But, it should be added to the new version of GB! Thanks for your reply HangTime, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Is it true that Audacity no longer works with the latest versions of OS X? I was lightning fast on it, now I feel like I'm learning a whole new language. I'm running an M-Audio 2626 and a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.10.2 and couldn't get Audacity to work to save my life....

Apr 20, 2015 8:26 AM in response to brandonfrommagnolia

The feature you are referring to exists in Logic but not in GarageBand (yet?). It is called the Marquee Tool that lets you drag a selection, and when hitting the delete key, that section of the Region(s) will be deleted, and the remaining part of the Region on the right will be moved to the left to close the gap (if you you have set the Drag Mode to "Shuffle L").

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Is there a shortcut to butt up two regions together (without joining them)? I'm spending too much time dragging regions around.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.