Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i escalate a repair inquiry beyond local Apple Store Management?

On October 31st, 2013, I took my MacBook Pro w/Retina display into the Apple Store at Barton Creek Mall in Austin, Tx for repair because it wouldn't boot up properly. I purchased the MacBook on January 3rd, 2013. When I arrived at the store, I was promptly checked in and assisted by a Genius Bar employee. The employee attempted several times to get the MacBook to boot up, to no avail, and I was told that I would get a call within 3-5 business days with a diagnosis of the problem and an estimate for repair if the warranty would not cover it. As I was preparing to leave the store, I heard something hit the floor, and turned around to see the employee who had been helping me picking something up. As we made eye contact, she smiled and said that it wasn't mine, so I assumed everything was fine and left. Later, I received an email of the repair work order which showed the problem to be physical damage to the computer, including a cracked screen, not covered by the warranty. Fast forward to now, after 25-30 phone calls, and 4 visits to the store, I still don't have my MacBook, and to add insult to injury, not only was the cause of the problem ever corrected to show that there was no physical damage to the unit when I brought it in, but now they can find no reference to the repair order at all. I'm at my wit's end with the Apple Store at Barton Creek, and I don't know who else to talk to. I just want my MacBook returned repaired. I am a loyal Apple customer, but that loyalty is now, unfortunately, fading fast. Thank you.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 5:22 PM

10 replies

Apr 19, 2015 7:26 PM in response to MyAppleIsRotten

Whenever I have had such issues, a quick call to apple customer support has been miraculous as compared to store experience. I don't want to dictate my saga, but I have had similar experience where I found employees at apple store un reasonable and irrational. Remember, many of them are not even aware of products that apple launches 🙂. But I would call apple customer support and explain what has happened. They are way more helpful and understanding. But in your case, there is no proof that things were okay when you gave your laptop for repair. Its a dicey situation, so this could go either ways...but give them a call and try them out first. You may have to pay for shipping back and forth I guess. But make sure they know that screen is now cracked and you are aware that its not covered, however, it seems to have been dropped in the store by an employee. Be nice and give them benefit of doubt. Good Luck !

Also, if I were you, I would get the badge # or name of the apple store employee you suspect dropped your laptop. This will give them a chance for inquiry and will add authenticity to your claim even further. Anyways, thats what I would do if this is what honestly happened.

Apr 19, 2015 7:34 PM in response to anupfromcary

I have called Customer Support several times, yet they don't show that repair number even existing, and they just refer me back to the store, even though I still have the emails acknowledging receipt of my MacBook in the store. Seriously, I don't know what else to do. I've spent quite a bit of money on Apple products and services, and have always been very satisfied, with the exception of this one $2500 issue. By posting here, I was hoping that, by chance, someone who could help me get to the bottom of this might see my post and finally get me some resolution.

Apr 19, 2015 7:38 PM in response to MyAppleIsRotten

Print out your emails, and go to the store, and request to speak to the store manager. If you have the name of the Genius Bar person that checked your computer, provide that as well. Be polite, but firm. After you speak to the store manager, if that does not result in a resolution, then you should call Applecare with the results of your visit. Ensure that you are transferred to a senior advisor, so that you can get a number to keep in touch with them.

HTH

Apr 20, 2015 12:33 AM in response to petermac87

No sir.....I was told it would be emailed to me. The one I posted above is what I received. I certainly acknowledge that I should have been more thorough in my documentation, and this has become a lesson learne. I just want my computer back, at least in the condition that it was in when Apple took custody of it. I know I'll probably never get that, though.

How do i escalate a repair inquiry beyond local Apple Store Management?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.