Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Restore. Any Help Is Appreciated

So I have an iPhone 5 that I forget my password to, I've been trying to restore it, and it won't let me. I put my iPhone in recovery mode and I've plugged into iTunes and it says downloading software for iPhone and the after that download is done my phone turns back on and on itunes it pops up please enter password and problem is don't know what the password is. Please help, I'm desperate.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2, null

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 4:12 PM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2015 5:10 PM in response to Stephyyyyyy

Is it asking for your iCloud password or is it asking you to enter a passcode on the screen? If it is the screen passcode you didn't follow the Recovery Mode instructions correctly.

If it is asking for an iCloud password then the phone is Activation Locked. You will need that passcode to restore the phone. If it is locked to your Apple ID you can use https://iforgot.apple.com to recover it. If it is someone else's passcode you will need their help.

iPhone Restore. Any Help Is Appreciated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.