Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook running slow and applications not responding

I have a MacBook pro that a purchased in 2011. It has only been used for school work and graphic design work. Lately (last 6 months) the whole thing is running very slow, takes at least a minute to open any application, typing is delayed by a few seconds, doesn't respond to certain clicks, but the worst part is that when I have more than one application open at a time, or even multiple tabs open in safari, the whole thing freezes. I am constantly having to force quit every application I open, and if I don't close out of every application before I shut my computer screen, everything freezes when I open it back up and I have to restart. Every application freezes, Safari, iPhone, FaceTime, iTunes, iMessage and Microsoft Word are the worst. Besides normal computer software, I have Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative Cloud. I have taken it in to the Tech desk at my university and they do not know enough to help me, they just say my computer is old. HELP!

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.3, 2011

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 4:33 PM

2 replies

MacBook running slow and applications not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.