Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube app no longer working

All of a sudden, I cannot connect to YouTube on my iPad 2, either using the YouTube app (the one that looks like a little television) or via Safari. It worked perfectly fine until at least a couple of weeks ago, but now all I get is a message saying "cannot connect to YouTube".

I am running iOS 5

Any ideas on what could be causing this, and how to fix it?

Thanks

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 4:14 PM

11 replies

Apr 19, 2015 5:14 PM in response to Megantic

Try downloading another browser. I just checked and you can get YouTube on the Puffin Web Browser. Using IOS8.3 on my iPad 4 for the last few days if you try to get YouTube on Safari the app opens instead. I'm guessing the twp problems are related but don't know the cause. On a different note if you are running IOS 5 are you sure you have a iPad 2 ? If it doesn't have a camera it's a iPad 1.

Apr 20, 2015 5:44 PM in response to Megantic

Yes, the iPad 2 can run iOS 8. As sberman has just pointed out, YouTube is no longer going to be supported on certain older devices and older iOS versions. You will need to be running iOS 7 in order to use the app and you cannot just update to iOS 7 now. It is iOS 8.3 or no update at all.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6098135?p=yt_devicesupport&hl=en&rd=1

If your device supports iOS 7 or above, you can download the YouTube app from the App Store. If not, visit m.youtube.com in your mobile browser to access YouTube.

YouTube app no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.