Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to get better wifi signal after "upgrading" to AT&T Uverse?

I recently "upgraded" my home internet to Uverse and while the internet is stronger and faster in the same room, the wifi network is worse and won't go the distance the old modem/router went. Would an Express be strong enough to boost the signal farther in my house or would I need to get an Extreme?

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 4:23 PM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2015 5:20 PM in response to erikfx

Would an Express be strong enough to boost the signal farther in my house or would I need to get an Extreme?

Before we go any further, we need to ask if you are planning to connect your existing Uverse router to the AirPort that you select using a permanent, wired Ethernet cable connection. This might mean running an Ethernet cable several rooms to the location of the AirPort router.

We ask this, since none of the Apple AirPort routers would be able to wirelessly "extend", "repeat" or "boost" the signal provided by a Uverse router.

So, if your requirements call for a device to connect using a wireless connection, you will need to drop the AirPorts from your list of possible choices.

Need to get better wifi signal after "upgrading" to AT&T Uverse?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.