Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime not working with ADT program

Hello, I have security cameras outside of my house by ADT. The program that allows me to view the live feed on my laptop uses QuickTime. It's been working for 2 years, then yesterday it says QuickTime not installed. I check, it is installed, but I uninstall and re-install anyway. The ADT program still says it's uninstalled. I contact ADT, they verify that I have the most updated versions of QuickTime and Java. They ask who my Internet provider is, I say Verizon. They say it's probably Verizon having strengthened their firewall. (Or something like that). Could the fact that QuickTime isn't working have something to do with Verizon? I've contacted them, but yet to hear back. Or might it be ADT giving me the run-around? I'm looking for ideas/input from everywhere to figure this out. I'll add--I normally don't use QuickTime for anything else, but I tried playing a song with it today--the player came up, but the song never played, the waiting circle thing just kept circling. I run Windows Vista SP2. Have QuickTime 7.7.6, and Java 8 update 45. I appreciate any input. Thanks, marberg

Dell laptop-OTHER, Windows Vista

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 4:32 PM

1 reply

QuickTime not working with ADT program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.