Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8.3v anyone not having a problem?

I keep hearing more horror stories and have yet to update my 5s iPhone to the new 8.3v. Has the "storm clouds" passed to where I can download it yet? Is anyone not having problems, etc.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 21.5", iMac, 2.7 GHz Intel Croe i5,

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 5:23 PM

7 replies

Apr 19, 2015 9:11 PM in response to Burndog

This is a tech support forum. It's where people come when they have problems. The vast majority of the millions of people who own iPhones don't have problems when they do an update. Some small percent of people will have problems with any update, sometimes because of factors beyond anyone's control, sometimes for other reasons. If you were to go by the posts here, you'd never update.

I haven't had any problems with 8.3. It takes up less room than the previous version and fixed a minor glitch I occasionally saw with the Messages app.

Best of luck.

Apr 25, 2015 5:01 AM in response to Burndog

UPDATE: OK

Downloaded 8.3v to my iPhone and iPad and experiencing no problem. I do think by waiting Apple got some updated patches sent. I do know there were problems as does happen periodically with Apple updates. To say it doesn't exist is also not true. Huge Apple fan but in this case wanted to ensure my updated would be ok given the feedback of users I had encountered.

Thank you everyone for feedback.

iPhone 8.3v anyone not having a problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.