Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Submerged in Saltwater

So I went out in the salt water at my town beach and I had my Silver 64GB iPhone 6 in my shorts pocket and next thing you know I tripped over a rock or something and quite a bit of my iPhone got submerged. When I took it out of my pocket I noticed part of my screen just suddenly went white and the rest was black. Any ideas as to what to do to? Hopefully putting it in rice for 24 hours will resolve the issue.

I really appreciate the feedback!

Thanks,

Sam

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 4:32 PM

5 replies

Apr 19, 2015 5:23 PM in response to ZanderSL2277

ZanderSL2277 wrote:

So I went out in the salt water at my town beach and I had my Silver 64GB iPhone 6 in my shorts pocket and next thing you know I tripped over a rock or something and quite a bit of my iPhone got submerged. When I took it out of my pocket I noticed part of my screen just suddenly went white and the rest was black. Any ideas as to what to do to? Hopefully putting it in rice for 24 hours will resolve the issue.

If it was salt water the phone is dead. You should be eligible for an out of warranty replacement for $299, as long as the phone was never jailbroken or opened.

iPhone 6 Submerged in Saltwater

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.